Communications and Marketing OfficerJob Ref: Mater Foundation
Type: Full time, 1 year contract initially
Salary: €35,000 - €40,000
Closing Date: No Longer Accepting Applications
- €35,000 - €40,000 annual salary
- 1 year contract, initially
- 21 days annual leave plus Good Friday and 2 days concessionary days at Christmas
Established in 1985, the Mater Foundation is the official fundraising charity for the Mater Misericordiae University Hospital and also the largest adult hospital foundation in Ireland. The Foundation exists to inspire and enable financial support from the community to enhance patient care within the hospital.
Having just completed a comprehensive strategic review, this is an exciting time to join the Mater Foundation. The organisation now has a 5 year roadmap to harness its success and implement this ambitious strategy for greater impact to support the hospital in the best possible way, whether that’s through patient support, vital research, medical equipment or redevelopment. And being embedded in the hospital highlights our cause, and we see first-hand the impact our work has.
The Communications & Marketing Officer will assist in the development and implementation of an effective internal and external marketing, communications & social media strategy using a wide range of marketing and communication techniques including digital and traditional marketing, social media and public relations. They will play a key part in helping to raise voluntary income by promoting the aims and mission of the organisation and developing supporter engagement.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years’ experience in marketing and/or communications, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Excellent copy writing skills, with experience of writing for websites
- Ability to utilise social media effectively to maximise supporter engagement
- Strong working knowledge of WordPress and experience of updating websites
- Good understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy and best practice
If you are creative, proactive and solutions driven with previous marketing and digital experience within a fundraising environment, we’d love to hear from you!
The recruitment campaign for the role of Communications & Marketing Officer is being managed exclusively on behalf of the Mater Foundation by non-profit specialist recruitment agency CCI Executive Search.
If you would like to find out more or apply for this role, please email [email protected] to request the full job description, candidate information pack and application details.
Closing Date: 5pm on Wednesday, 14th July 2021