Community FundraiserJob Ref: MAW
Type: Maternity cover contract
Location: Dublin, with travel
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Closing Date: 5pm on Wednesday, 7th June 2017
Contract: 5 month maternity cover contract Responsible to: Head of Fundraising
Are you a go-getter, with plenty of confidence and energy? Are you passionate about raising money for a great cause? If so, Make-A-Wish Foundation wants to hear from you!
We are looking to recruit a Community Fundraiser to cover maternity leave who will have responsibility for managing existing community fundraising events and projects for the charity and will play a key role within the fundraising department and charity as a whole. This is an excellent opportunity to join our dynamic and vibrant fundraising team. The successful candidate will play an important role in bringing in vital funding to help us grant special wishes to children who truly deserve it and ensure we achieve our exciting ambitions.
Salary depends on previous experience. Full clean driving licence essential.
- To develop and manage existing key projects such as canisters, wedding favours and the annual Make-A-Wish Golf Classic to ensure these campaigns are run effectively and are well planned, marketed and supported
- To support community fundraisers with their events and identify/secure new community fundraising opportunities for Make-A-Wish
- To contribute to and deliver against annual budgets, targets and plans, working alongside the Head of Fundraising
- To implement a stewardship programme for all community fundraisers and ensure all are adequately thanked
- To grow donor retention by developing strong relationships with community fundraisers
- To attend local, regional and national fundraising activities and events. General administration, such as ensuring database is kept updated and dealing with enquires & requests
- Report to the Head of Fundraising on a weekly basis through one-to-one meetings.
- To undertake such other duties as might be reasonably assigned from time to time in consultation with the Head of Fundraising.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in business development/account management/customer service (experience within the charity sector is an advantage)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to ask, negotiate and influence
- Computer literate, highly numerate and excellent writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrable experience in working to and achieving targets
- Fluent in English
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills, particularly on phone and in person
- The ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- A full driving licence and access to a car as this position requires some travel
- Results focused
How to apply:
To apply for this role please send your CV and a tailored cover letter to Laura at [email protected] by 5pm on Wednesday, 7th June 2017.