Director of Fundraising and CommunicationsJob Ref: Depaul
Type: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Location: Based in Dublin head office with hybrid working options
Closing Date: No longer Accepting Applications
Depaul believes that everyone should have a place to call home and a stake in their community. Our aim is to work with those who are socially excluded and marginalised by providing a quality led service in order to produce the best possible outcomes for those accessing our services. We strive to empower our service users to make choices and decisions about the way they live their lives. We work in partnership with central and local government, housing associations and other non-governmental organisations.
How can you make a difference?
Reporting to the CEO, and as a member of the Executive Leadership team, the Director of Fundraising and Communications will have responsibility for Fundraising and Communications in both Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, managing a department of 6-8 staff and ensuring that the vision, mission and values of Depaul are delivered through a strategic and common approach.
Duties will include the following:
Provide strategic leadership and direct day to day fundraising involvement and manage the Fundraising Team to develop income streams.
Develop and implement appropriate fundraising and communications strategies and plans. To provide strategic leadership and day to day involvement for communications, PR and marketing.
- Develop and implement the fundraising strategy, systems and processes to support our income generation goals.
- Develop and implement a marketing and communications strategy for Depaul, leading on brand management and development.
- Lead on significant corporate, trust and high net worth relationships in partnership with the CEO along with the development of a responsive corporate relationship plan.
- Ensure that Depaul meets its legal obligations with regard to fundraising and ensure adherence with the Code of Fundraising Practice and the Charities Governance Code for Ireland and Northern Ireland and maintains its reputation through its fundraising activities.
- Lead on digital engagement and to ensure effective digital fundraising and communications and to keep abreast of the latest developments in this area.
- Support a proactive approach to relationship building with the different constituencies of Depaul and public relations.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally possess the following experience:
- 3+ years’ strategic management experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrable experience in growing income and a knowledge of the fundraising environment.
- Experience of developing and managing an organisational communications and PR strategy.
- Experience of setting business plans in meeting ambitious fundraising targets and communications performance indicators for an organisation.
If you have management experience in a fundraising and communications department and want to develop your career in an executive position with an organisation that has high standards of delivery, this could be the exciting opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
The recruitment campaign for the role of Director of Fundraising and Communications is being managed exclusively on behalf of Depaul by not-for-profit specialist recruitment consultancy CCI Executive Search.
If you would like to find out more about this role, please email [email protected] with the subject line “Depaul Director of Fundraising & Communications” to request the full job description and information pack prior to making your application.
Closing Date: 5pm Monday 25th of April, 2022.