Finance ManagerJob Ref: ASI
Type: Full time, permanent
Location: Dublin 1
Salary: €45,000 - €50,000
Closing Date: 5pm on Friday, 21st September 2018
Background: The Asthma Society of Ireland (ASI) is the national charity dedicated to empowering Ireland’s 470,000 people with asthma. During the 40 years since the Asthma Society was founded there have been significant developments in the fight against asthma, however, there is still much to be achieved in a country with the 4th highest prevalence of asthma in the world and where we still see 1 person die every week from this condition.
Our vision is that every person in Ireland will have access to the best possible asthma services, and will have the best support and information available to help empower them in managing their asthma. Our goals are focused around fighting asthma.
We are now seeking an experienced, driven Finance Manager to join our team.
The Role: The Finance Manager is an integral part of our team, responsible for the day to day accounting and financial management, budgeting, and reporting on financial performance. In addition, the Finance Manager will partner with the CEO, and Board, to develop and strengthen strategies relating to finance across the organisation. The Finance Manager will use judgement, initiative and experience to ensure that the Society can achieve its objectives effectively and efficiently.
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious, qualified or part-qualified accountant with experience managing finances and accounting systems. Although an established position you’ll have the option to shape the role and really make it your own.
In order to succeed in this role, you will possess the following:
- Experience driving and ensuring the quality of all financial practices for the organisation
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well within a small team; flexible, with a support orientated approach
- Self-sufficient, able to undertake the role with minimal supervision
- Goal orientated, able to meet deadlines on both the monthly accounting cycle and the project lifecycle
- Proven organisational skills and ability to identify and manage priorities within the workload
- Experience of charity finance reporting and practices (SORP) would be highly beneficial
If this sounds appealing and you have the skills, knowledge and experience required for the role, we’d love to hear from you!
Application details: The recruitment campaign for the role of Finance Manager is being managed exclusively on behalf of the Asthma Society by not-for-profit specialist recruitment consultancy Charity Careers Ireland.
If you would like to find out more about this role, please email [email protected] to request the full job description and information pack prior to making your application.
Deadline for applications: 5pm on Friday, 21st September