Operations and Finance Manager (Maternity Cover)Job Ref: Active Retirement Ireland
Type: 1-year fixed-term contract (maternity cover)
Location: ARI’s office is based in Dublin 7, good hybrid working options available
Closing Date: No longer Accepting Applications
- €45K with 22 days annual leave and 4 company days
- ARI’s office is based in Dublin 7, good hybrid working options available
- 1-year fixed-term contract (maternity cover)
BACKGROUND: Active Retirement Ireland (ARI) is a voluntary organisation for older people with a national membership of over 24,500 people and over 550 local associations. Founded in 1978 and currently organised into nine regional councils, the movement’s principal aim is to help men and women, who are retired or semi-retired, from paid or unpaid work, to lead a full, happy and healthy retirement by offering organised opportunities for a wide range of activities – holidays, outings and socials; creative and learning programmes; indoor and outdoor sports and community work. Members range in age from 50 -100+ years and cover a range of socio-economic backgrounds.
THE ROLE: Reporting to the CEO, the Operations and Finance Manager will have overall operational responsibility for the National Office and work with the CEO to ensure that the organisation has the proper operational and financial controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. Knowledge of SORP is essential.
Duties will include the following:
- Ensure operational standards and procedures are implemented
- Manage the office facilities, office systems and IT equipment (with external IT support)
- Maintain an overview of all programmes and activities to ensure financial and operational risks and issues are identified and responded to
- Maintaining all financial records, producing regular management accounts and commentary, preparing and managing the budgetary process, operating the payroll, PRSA schemes and associated systems, preparing financial reports for the board and funders
- Develop, manage and monitor the annual budget in line with agreed targets and ensure an effective system of controls is in place
- Provide oversight and support to the voluntary regional treasurers
- Manage the external audit process in conjunction with the CEO and external auditors
- Prepare monthly management reports for the board, comparing income and expenditure with budgets, monitoring variances and explanations using Surf Accounts
The recruitment campaign for the role of Operations and Finance Manager (Maternity Cover) is being managed exclusively on behalf of Active Retirement Ireland by not-for-profit specialist recruitment consultancy CCI Executive Search. If you would like to apply or find out more about this role, please email your CV to [email protected] with “ARI Operations & Finance Manager” in the subject line and we will send you the full job description and information pack.
Closing Date: 3pm on Tuesday, 19th April 2022