Patient Support Group ManagerJob Ref: 221+
Type: Fixed-term contract until October 2022
Location: 43-45 Northumberland Road, Dublin 4. Flexibility to work remotely, up to 3 days per week
Salary: Up to €58,000 (pro rata)
Closing Date: No longer Accepting Applications
The 221+ Group is a coalition programme of the Marie Keating Foundation, the Irish Cancer Society and the Irish Patient Association. Its primary objective is to meet the needs of those patients directly affected by the Cervical Check controversy and their next of kin by providing information, advice and support in a structured and confidential manner.
The group will act as an inclusive voice for all affected by the current crisis but will also aim to give a voice to other women diagnosed with cervical cancer in the future as well as to those previously diagnosed but not directly affected by screening issues.
The 221+ Patient Support Group Manager will report to the Director of Services Delivery & Innovation and ensure that the existing programme is run in an efficient and professional manner, with oversight of strategy, forward 5pm on Wednesday, 10th November planning and governance.
• Link in with relevant stakeholders to develop and ensure delivery of the programme • Ensure that the needs to the patients served by the programme are met by the 221+PSG team • Provide line management and support to all 221+ staff • Manage the 221+PSG budget ensuring that all expenditure is clearly accounted • Manage the creation of governance structures and materials, and continued oversight • Manage relationships with funders and ensure their reporting and governance requirements are met • Oversee the implementation of the 221+PSG strategic plan
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Candidates should have a degree or professional qualification in Community Development/Social Work /Health or related area. A nursing qualification and direct oncology/gynae-oncology nursing experience would be a distinct advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience of patient engagement
- At least 2 years’ experience in planning and project management
- Skills and experience in needs assessment, administration, project planning and evaluation methodology
- Experience of managing people
- Facilitation and training skills
- An excellent understanding of issues related to cancer supports and engagement with women and families who have experienced cancer
- Full clean driving licence required
If you have a high degree of maturity, empathy, sensitivity and emotional robustness, together with strong communication and project management skills, a strategic lens and ability to manage a team, we’d love to hear from you!
HOW TO APPLY:
The recruitment campaign for the role of 221+ Patient Support Group Manager is being managed exclusively on behalf of the Irish Cancer Society by CCI Executive Search.
If you, or anyone that you know, would like to find out more about this role, please email [email protected] with the subject line “221+ PSG Manager” for a full information pack and job description prior to making your application.
Closing Date: 5pm on Wednesday 10th of November 2021