Regional CoordinatorJob Ref: Make-A-Wish
Type: Full time, fixed term contract for 1 year with hope to make permanent thereafter
Location: Southwest covering Cork, Clare, Limerick & Kerry
Closing Date: 5pm on Friday, 3rd August 2018
Make-A-Wish Ireland has one simple aim – to grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions, to bring hope, strength and happiness.
All of our children are living with life-threatening medical conditions and their lives are turned upside down as the focus is on hospital visits, injections, treatment and the illness. Make-A-Wish believes that every child deserves to be happy and by taking their one true wish and transforming it into reality, happy memories are created for not only the wish child but their loved ones.
Since 1992, Make-A-Wish has granted wishes for more than 2,250 brave children across Ireland, including 221 wishes granted in 2017 alone.
Make-A-Wish are now seeking to recruit a dynamic, passionate Regional Coordinator for the South West (Cork, Kerry, Limerick and Clare).
Reporting to the CEO, the Regional Coordinator will be responsible for growing Make-A-Wish’s donor and volunteer bases throughout the South West Region. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing, managing and building teams of fundraisers and volunteers, networking with local organisations, businesses and communities in order to identify fundraising opportunities within the region. They will also oversee and manage the roll-out of Wish Day, the charity’s national fundraising day.
To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- At least 2 years’ previous fundraising experience ideally with a focus on regional community fundraising
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in event planning and management
- A proven track record in achieving financial and non-financial targets and good working knowledge of budgets
- Experience recruiting, training and motivating community-based volunteers
- A people-person, with a positive attitude and good interpersonal skills
- An innovative, can-do attitude with willingness to work flexibly including out of hours
- Positive, effective and collaborative working style
- Passionate about the work of Make-A-Wish and the impact it makes on the lives of sick children and their families
Please note this role is home based and will require you to travel so your own transport is essential.
To succeed in this role you will be keen to make the most of every opportunity that comes your way, showing initiative and creativity in all your fundraising efforts. If you’re an experienced fundraiser with the ability to develop and sustain effective relationships with a wide range of supporters and volunteers, this could be the role for you!
The recruitment campaign for the role of Regional Coordinator is being managed exclusively on behalf of the Make-A-Wish by not-for-profit specialist recruitment consultancy Charity Careers Ireland.
If you would like to find out more about this role, please email [email protected] to request the full job description and information pack prior to making your application.
Closing Date: 5pm on Friday, 3rd August