Services ManagerJob Ref: Arthritis Ireland
Type: Permanent, full-time
Location: 1 Clanwilliam Square, Grand Canal Quay, Dublin 2 - some travel
Salary: €50,000 to €55,000
Closing Date: No longer Accepting Applications
Arthritis Ireland is the national patient organisation representing one million people living with arthritis in this country and seeks to ensure that every person living with arthritis in Ireland is supported to live a full and active life through the provision of a broad range of supports and services. This includes a national helpline, support groups, education and training programmes, self-management programmes, physical activity programmes and a wide variety of seminars, events and publications. Our vision is of a better life for people living with arthritis today; a world without arthritis tomorrow.
How can you make a difference? The Services Manager operates at a senior level as part of the Arthritis Ireland management team with the prime responsibility of leading and strategically developing our services to people with arthritis and increasing our reach to this community.
Duties will include the following:
- Develop new partnerships and leverage existing networks to further Arthritis Ireland’s services objectives and to increase our reach to people with arthritis throughout the country
- Develop and implement strategies and plans to create a vibrant community volunteer network
- Develop and deliver annual operational work plans and budgets for services. Set the direction and manage the day-to-day implementation of plans
- Identify, develop and implement education programmes and services
- Manage and support a team of 4 staff, the organisation’s volunteer branch network and the organisation’s team of course facilitators
- Ensure that service user needs are being met and identify trends around their changing need
- Develop policies, systems and practices to deliver services
- Partner with the management team to ensure that appropriate levels of funding are received
To be successful in this role, you will ideally possess the following experience:
- 3-5+ years’ experience in services with a health care/health promotion organisation or similar
- Experience in strategic and operational planning, managing teams and delivery of services
- Experience in developing and supporting a volunteer network
- Competence in administration and IT, and an ability to maintain records and produce clear reports
- Willingness to travel on occasion (may include overnight/ weekend stays)
- Full clean drivers’ licence.
If you have services management/supervisor experience, have a history of engaging with volunteers and can step back from the day-to-day to examine the bigger picture, we have a role where you’ll have the freedom to put your ideas into practice.
The recruitment campaign for the role of Services Manager is being managed exclusively on behalf of Arthritis Ireland by not-for-profit specialist recruitment consultancy CCI Executive Search.
If you would like to find out more about this role, please email [email protected] with the subject line “Arthritis Ireland” to request the full job description and information pack prior to making your application.
Closing Date: 3pm Wednesday 12th of January, 2022